Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Secret tip that I have shared while skiing the deep POW in Niseko

By Nigel Abbott

I want to teach you a secret tip that I have shared with many people while skiing the deep POW in Niseko (apart from using a pair of K2 Hardsides).

As you complete your steering through the last phase of the turn - push your feet forward.



You won't get caught backwards as long as you have turned the skis enough, as you can see from this image I am centered over my feet even though my feet are being driven forward.
So why use this action?
  • Having your feet forward during the last phase of the turn gives you extra power due to energy being exerted through the heels of your feet.
  • When the powder is variable or broken, this action stops your weight shifting forward.
  • It also aids the tips coming to the surface ready for the next turn.
This is an action that allows you to ski with power and finesse in all powder conditions.
Stay tuned for more of my secret tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment